It is with great pleasure (and greater trepidation) that we present the very first glimpses of Soap! The Inside Story of the Sitcom that Broke all the Rules. You are among a very privileged few, as you are the first people to see what we’ve been working on for so long. (Our apologies to our esteemed publisher, who will be seeing these for the first time right along with you.)
What These Pages Are
Our goal with posting these is to give you some idea of the format of the book, including its approach to incorporating behind-the-scenes material into detailed examinations of each episode. These pages:
- Still require some text, design and photo editing
- Will include more explanatory material in the margins
- Will not win us any friends on the extreme left or right.
What These Pages Are Not
Not wanting to “give away the farm,” we have decided not to post pages that include much in the way of exclusive information and images that we dug up during our five year exhaustive research. Some of these we will post online shortly after the book is released, because we simply can’t imagine keeping these things from you, especially those who’ve been with us from the beginning. But hey, we would like to hold on to a little mystery…
These preview pages do not include:
- Exclusive planning sketches made for Soap costumes (including the aliens)
- A 35+-year secret about the origins of the whole Soap controversy.
- Two personal stories from cast and crew that do more to explain Soap and its times than anything we’ve come across.
- Major plot points from the Soap bible that never made it to air.
And now, without further blather from yours truly, I present the first (rough) preview pages for four spreads from Soap! The Inside Story…
Thanks for making it this far,